Food Explorers Teacher Workshop
Let’s get students excited about food!
Where does our food come from? How do we support students in their journey of food literacy? Can nutrition education be taught with a cross-curricular approach?
Explore these questions through our “Food Explorers” program. Food Explorers encourages kindergarten and grade one students to have fun exploring a variety of foods through the mysteries of tastes, textures, and colours. Register for a free 1-hour, online teacher workshop and receive a complete, cross curricular, nutrition education program to deliver in your classroom. Food Explorers includes teacher, student, and parent materials.
After completing the workshop, you will have access to everything you need to use Food Explorers in your classroom including;
- A Teacher Guide with book suggestions, discussion prompts, recipes, and classroom extension ideas
- Class set of recipe collector cards and stickers
- At-home adaptations for remote learning environments
- Curricular links consistent with the Alberta curriculum
- Ongoing support from Registered Dietitians